/>

January 19, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday | Books I have recently piled on to my towering to-read list


This is a weekly list meme hosted by the wonderful bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish. 

Today's topic is the top ten books most recently added to your to-be-read list. My TBR list is constantly fluctuating, with additions practically every day and even some removals. I try to keep my TBR down to a minimum by periodically going through my Goodreads lists and purging books that I do not have any interest in anymore. 

With the help of Goodreads, I am going to list the 10 books that I have added to my to-be-read list most recently. 




Until We Meet Again by Rene Collins- With time travel, forbidden love, and beautiful New England beaches, how could I say no to this book? It has been too long since I had read a good time travel/romance novel, so I have high hopes for Until We Meet Again. I love anything involving time travel (Doctor Who has started an obsession!). 

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo- Everyone has been raving and this book on their blogs, Twitter, and any other kind of communication. I have not read an unflattering review of Six of Crows and I probably would have a hard time trying to find one. I enjoyed the Grisha series (even though I have not read the last one yet, but I can sure that it will be great). Plus, I can only take so many raving tweets about a book that I have not read yet.

Charm and Strange by Stephanie Kuehn- Every review that I have read about this book praises its mystery, intrigue, and ability to mess with anyone's mind. For some odd reason, I love having my mind twisted and contorted by novels sometimes. I just hope that it can live up to its potential!

A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir- I just finished An Ember in the Ashes (you can read my review here) and while I do not believe that it lived up to all of the hype, I still want to know how the story continues. (My fingers are crossed for more world-building.)

Just Visiting by Dahila Adler- I have never really read a book that centered around college visits and students preparing for college (which is surprising considering how important the process is). So I immediately added Just Visiting to my TBR when I found out it was about a roadtrip sans parents, to visit colleges. I have also heard that it has a lot of diversity, which I hope to read more of this year. 






First & Then by Emma Mills- I kind of forgot about contemporary books last year, so I am trying to make up for it a little bit this year by finding some new favorites. I will hopefully start with First & Then. Normally, I do not go for the whole popular-quarterback trope, but I think it is going to be different in this novel. 

Underwater by Marisa Reichardt- This book also fits in with my resolution to find more contemporaries this year. I also think that I will be able to relate to Morgan pretty well. I just know that this is going to be a great inspirational book that I need right now.

Half a King by Joe Abercrombie- Well, I have to balance all of the contemporaries somehow, right? It has been WAY too long since I have read an epic fantasy. I am so ready to be immersed in a fantasy world. I am also excited that it is from the perspective of a disabled prince, which is not seen all that often in fantasy.

The Tattooed Heart by Michael Grant- I enjoyed Messenger of Fear and I really need to have some of my questions answered from the first book. I also want to know more about the Messenger of Fear and how everything is going to play out.

Alight by Scott Sigler- The last book ended on somewhat of a cliffhanger. They are venturing into the unknown, and I just want to know what is going to happen! I loved all of the suspense and mystery in Alive, so I am definitely looking forward to some answers.


What books have you recently added to your TBR? Have you read any of these books yet? How tall do you think your TBR would be if you stacked all of the books on top of each other?






No comments:

Post a Comment