/>

July 9, 2015

Disney Princess Tag


Hey everyone, it's Max with a very exciting post....







 









When Tessa asked me if I'd like to do this tag, I was like:


It's no secret that I am a giant Disney fan, so this is basically the perfect tag for me. I'm going to warn you now that this post is very gif-heavy! Let's get into it.

(By the way, Tessa found this tag for me over at here, but I believe it was originally created here.)

Here are my three Disney facts, in no particular order:

1. I don't really have a favorite Disney movie or princess, but growing up, I loved Aladdin, and I really love Tangled.

2. I know how to play the entirety of Let it Go on the piano.

3. I don't really look like any of the Disney princesses, but the closest one to me is Belle.

Now onto the tag!

#1. Snow White--Name your favorite classic


Pride and Prejudice

My favorite classic would have to be Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen, although I did enjoy Emma as well. P & P was one of the very first classics I ever read, and it will always hold a special place in my heart.

#2. Cinderella--Name a book that kept you reading well past your bedtime


Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)

I recently answered this question in my Bedtime Book Tag post, and I'm going to stick with the same answer--the Harry Potter series. I grew up with these books, so I'm sure I stayed up quite a few times to finish one of the books.

#3. Aurora--Name your favorite classic romance


The Fault in Our Stars

Pride and Prejudice also fits into this category, but I wanted to feature another one of my favorite romances--Hazel and Gus's. The Fault in Our Stars isn't really a classic romance, but it is very popular, and I don't really read 'classic romances,' so this was the closest book I could think of. 

#4. Ariel--Name a book about making sacrifices and fighting for your dreams


The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)

In The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, everything Katniss does is out of sacrifice for her sister. As the series progresses, she also fights for her dream of freedom.

#5. Belle--Name a series with a smart and independent female character


Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
 
Hermione Granger is kind of an obvious pick for this category, but after all, she's the "brightest witch of her age"--how could I pick anyone else? Without Hermione and her endless knowledge, Harry probably wouldn't have survived even the first book of the series.

#6. Jasmine--Name a character that challenged the social conventions of his or her world


We Were Liars

While I didn't enjoy We Were Liars as much as I've heard other people did, the main character Cadence challenges the wealthy, privileged world she's always been a part of.

#7. Pocahontas--Name a book whose ending was a roller coaster of emotions.


The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)

I absolutely adored The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken! The ending was a heart-breaking cliffhanger that came out of nowhere, and I think it made me appreciate the book even more. 

#8. Mulan--Name a book with a kick-butt female character
 
 
The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1)
 
These days, the YA world is teeming with strong, deadly, and powerful heroines, like Katniss or Celaena from Throne of Glass. I'm definitely not complaining, and I figured I'd feature someone I don't see get talked about a lot--Adelina Amouteru from The Young Elites. She survived a killer disease and gets super cool magical powers as a result, along with a desire for revenge.
 
#9. Tiana--Name a book with a hardworking, self-made character
 
 
The Distance Between Us
 
I struggled a bit with this category because YA books that feature working characters are surprisingly rare, but then I remember The Distance Between Us by Kasie West. The main conflict involves Caymen, the sarcastic, hardworking main character, finding herself falling for a boy from an entitled, wealthier walk of life.
 
#10. Rapunzel--Name a book that features an artist
 
 
Open Road Summer
 
I cheated a little on this one, but so did the creator of the tag, so I think I'm okay. The main character's best friend in Open Road Summer by Emery Lord is a super popular country music artist.
 
#11. Merida--Name a book that features a mother-daughter relationship
 
disney animated GIF
 
Divergent (Divergent, #1)
 
Tris and her mother may not have the strongest relationship, but she does support Tris and Tris really does care for her. As the series progresses, Tris's mother actually plays a role in the plot, which I appreciated, considering a majority of YA novels barely even mention parents.  
 
#12. Anna and Elsa--Name a book that features a great relationship between
 siblings
 
magic animated GIF
 
Obsidian (Lux, #1)
 
(Ignore that atrocious cover). In the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, the main character Katy is involved with two members of the Black family: her best friend Dee, and her love interest Daemon. These two are fiercely protective siblings, and also, aliens.  
 
And that's the tag! Since I tagged myself to this, I'm tagging whoever wants to do the same :) Share your thoughts down below! What's your favorite Disney princess or movie?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment