/>

June 27, 2014

The Friday 56 #7

The Friday 56

This is a weekly meme hosted over at Freda's Voice.

The rules are simple-- grab the book you are currently reading and turn to page 56 (or 56% of your e-reader). Then copy a few sentences and post them.

These are the books we are currently reading and a snippet of page 56.



Max
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
"I was quickly caught up in the legend. The idea of making seven men fight and face possible death to win your hand was unimaginable to me."

Obsidian (Lux, #1)

 Tessa
Towering by Alex Flinn
"But a few hours later, I woke once again to an eerie voice, singing on the wind. It wasn't the Star Trek theme. It came from outside my window. I bolted up and walked across the room, thinking maybe it was Danielle. But there was no one there, only the voice."

Towering

Cassia
[Note: Umm hey guys, I have to do page 112 again. I just can't get into this one. Thanks!]

North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
"Perched on the edge of my desk now, his legs splayed wide, hands on either side, Jacob looked completely at ease while I felt fidgety, self-conscious, yet utterly conscious of his every movement."

7 comments:

  1. Not my genre! Happy reading!!

    Here is my POST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Tessa's pick, "I woke once again to an eerie voice, singing on the wind. It wasn't the Star Trek theme." Ha ha ha! Couldn't help but laugh and wonder what could possibly be the cause of it all!

    Sparrow's BB & Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too bad about North of Beautiful. I love the cover for it but sometimes books just don't work for us.I do love the excerpts from the other two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that book is not up to snuff Casia! I like all the snippets though, including that book.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great beginnings :D I still need to read the Towering but I have been hearing mixed reactions to it.

    My BB and 56

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in the middle of it, and I am not sure how I feel about it. It is very different from Alex Flinn's other books.

      Delete