/>

May 27, 2013

This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

Picture courtesy of Goodreads

This Is What Happy Looks Like

Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Release Date: April 2, 2013
Pages: 416
Review by: Tessa


       Graham and Ellie are pen pals, but they don't even know each other's names. Graham is an international superstar, but Ellie is just a small town girl with a past she would like to forget. They start emailing each other when Graham accidently sends Ellie a message about his pet pig. She is intrigued and they start talking about everything, except for who they are. When Graham's new movie conveniently takes him to Ellie's small Maine town the fairytale really begins.
      Graham hunts for his princess, but all his princess wants to do is hide. With a plot full of mistaken identities, lost pasts, and paparazzi anything can happen. They figure out that emailing each other is very different from meeting face-to-face.


       This book reminds me of a mix between Cinderella and The Country Mouse and the City Mouse. This is one of the books that I couldn't wait for it to come out. I found it on the Internet about one month before it came out. Even though it wasn't a long time to wait, it felt like forever. (Curse you Internet.) 
       This book was supposed to be amazing and such, but I don't see what all the hype is about. I will admit that the title is creative, but the book is just cliché and kind of predictable. I do not want to give any spoilers, but you will understand what I mean when you read the book. I think that Smith should have put more focus on the secondary characters. They had were more interesting than Ellie and Graham, but Smith did not elaborate on their lives. I have to say that my favorite character was Wilbur, the pig. That must tell you something about the book. Also, the cover is pretty and all, but that scene doesn't even happen in the book! It really makes me mad when publishers do that. I would give this book 2.5 stars.



                                                                           


No comments:

Post a Comment