/>

February 21, 2013

Review | The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Hey everyone!  Cassia here!  I saw Beautiful Creatures!  It was good, but the book's better.  That's usually how it works anyway.  So if you've read the book...in the movie Ethan is cooking his own breakfast. *shudders*  That's just weird.  So, I was playing around with Blogger, seeing what it can do.  I made us a button!  All you have to do is copy and paste the code below it onto your website!  Thanks to eHow for the article of how to do it!  Here's another review for you all!



The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Meghan’s life has always been a bit...odd.  It all started when she was six--and her own father disappeared before her eyes.  Now, everything she’s known is slowly spiraling away.  There are things in the shadows, and she can never quite see them clearly when she looks.  Her joker best friend Robbie has also been acting strange.  Suddenly, he’s overprotective.  Is it her?


Okay, sorry the summary is so short.  It’s hard to do it without spoiling anything, so that’s as much as I can give you.  I will give you something else, though: it’s about faeries.  Woo!  My favorite fantasy creature is faeries, so of course I loved this.  I was telling my friend about Wicked Lovely (she never heard of it!), and she handed me this and told me to read it.

I really like the world Kagawa has created in this series.  It has a lot of folk lore, including legends, and of course my favorite part, the Seelie and Unseelie Faery courts.  If you’re new to faeries and are wondering what the heck those are, the fey are organized into two courts: Seelie and Unseelie.  The Seelie Court is also known as the Summer Court, and is the...tamer of the two courts.  In the Nevernever (aka Faeryland), the Seelie court is in a section called Arcadia, if you’ve ever heard of it.  The Unseelie Court is the polar opposite of the Seelie Court: it’s also known as the Winter Court, and backstabbing--literally sometimes--is commonplace.  Now, you might have heard of the section of the Nevernever it’s in: Tir Na Nog.  As for characters, Meghan struck me as not the smartest person on Earth, but she got better over the course of the book.  And then there’s Ash...*swoon*  No, I’m not telling you who he is, either.  I really really liked Robbie!

In the first book of The Iron Fey, Kagawa builds a world that is easy to get lost in with all of the action, folk lore, and of course, romance.
Five stars!
Goodbye for now,
Cassia

No comments:

Post a Comment