/>

January 7, 2013

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

Hey everybody!  Cassia here!  Do you like the favorite quotes from Tessa?  Well guess what?  Soon the Cassia edition will be coming!  I'll have it up soon, I promise!  So how many of you have heard of the movie I Am Number Four?  Well, there's an awesome book that goes with it.  The movie was great!  Alex Pettyfer plays Four, otherwise known as John Smith...which I was extremely happy about!  Anyway, here's my review for I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore:




I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

The Mogadorians want to take over the universe.  The only thing standing in their way is the Lorien Garde.  The Garde look like us, talk like us, and even act like us.  Except they’re from a different planet-- Lorien, one of the 18 planets able to sustain life in the universe. The Mogadorians attacked Lorien, nearly destroyed it, and killed all its people-- except nine Garde and their Cepan.  The charm that protects the Garde makes it so that they can’t be killed out of order.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.

Number Four is next.

Where will he hide?


This book is about the struggle between the Mogadorians and the Lorien Garde.  Specifically Number Four.  You get to know him as John Smith.  Yes, it’s about aliens, but cool aliens.  Not the typical Martian thing.  Also, Pittacus Lore is a pen name for James Frey and Jobie Hughes.  This book is also a movie, so if you’ve seen the movie and want to read the book, the book is better.  But then again, the book is always better.  Actually I think the movie is the closest adaptation of a book I’ve ever seen, so I was very impressed by the movie.

John Smith (aka Number Four) has hid his whole life, so he gets a little frustrated when he can’t make friends, which makes sense.  I do like him, though.  There’s also his Cepan (or protector), Henri.  John loves Henri and respects his decisions about where they go, but he’s tired of hiding.  The whole foreign planet thing is pretty cool, too.  It’s explained a lot in the beginning, so you don’t have to wonder about that a whole lot.

For you action lovers, this book is perfect.  There’s a lot of action, and even a little bit of romance, too.
Four stars!
Goodbye for now,
Cassia

No comments:

Post a Comment